We're counting our blessings, although we're extremely anxious to be settled. Actually, to tell the truth, it's been quite the roller-coaster. Finding the right home here in Utah ... working on selling the one in Texas ... financing the new one (Utah's not cheap next to Houston!) ... trying to sell the old one ... working out utilities, movers, Ivory Homes issues ... continuously dropping our price in Houston ... etc, etc, etc ... you get the idea. Roller-coaster! Nope, our house hasn't sold yet, and we close on the Utah home in one week.
But let's look at the bright side! Our new home is wonderful ... I couldn't be more excited. We chose to live in Lehi. Brent will ride the commuter express bus each morning to his job downtown. We'll live just a mile from the bus stop, so his commute is like 35 minutes ... pretty great! Our home is on the west side of I-15, just south of Thanksgiving Point. It's a new spec home. We're kind of suckers for new houses I guess (which we blame entirely on our parents, who never bought anything but new houses)! Fortunately we talked Ivory into paying for the sod so we can have a yard soon.
Anyone coming through Lehi, please stop by!!!
Here's a picture of Nathan & Becca helping Grandpa G. blow out the candles on his 50th birthday cake.
Playing out back in the sprinklers with cousin Bailey.

7 comments:
Jana, we'll come visit you! We'll be driving down to Utah on August 15th and will be there until the 19th. Let me know your phone number through email so we can come see you! And congratulations on the new house! That's so exciting!
Yay! I'm so glad you found a nice place in Utah. I sure hope your house in TX sells soon for y'all!
Tallia! Awesome! Give me a call when you're in town. 713-304-2008 (although we'll be changing to a local number probably before then ... I'll email it to you).
Good luck with the closing on new house and selling the TX one. you are so positive. I'm happy to see you closer to family! Can't wait to see pictures of your new home.
Looks like a fun (and stressful) summer! Hope things are going well for the house! We'll try again on getting together next time around...
Welcome back to Utah! It was so fun to see you and get all the jerusalem roomies back together! Please keep in touch
http://web.mac.com/myjoey/iWeb/Site/Welcome.html
(our blog and website)
Rebecca
Post a Comment